10.11.2013

MIMM # 13:Pop Sugar Must Have October Box Review

Happy Marvelous In My Monday everyone!

I wanted to do my Pop Sugar Must Have October Box Review, since I just opened it!
I got my September box a little late, so I feel like I just got another one!


This might be my least fav of the 3 boxes I have received so far, but I still actually really loved it, and thought it was a great value. Here is what I got:


$16.78: The Can't Cook Book - The Can't Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified!
I always kind of hope that there is a cool book or item that I can gift to someone and save money on buying a gift. I feel like this would normally be one, but with the name of this book, I don't want someone to think that I think they can't cook! Right!? But, it actually looks really easy and cute, so I am going to actually go through it and try some of the recipes and tips!

$13: NYX Cosmetics Liquid Liner & Smokey Shadow Palette
I really love this item in the box - one of my faves from the box. I don't subscribe to any other boxes, so unlike some people, I don't have a lot of makeup that I just get to try out. I love a simple shadow and the small palette is awesome for traveling. Also, I wear liquid liner every day, so it will be fun to try a new one!

$45: Gorjana Griffin Bali Bead Bracelet -
This is cute, but does not look like a $45 bracelet to me - more like a very cheaply made friendship bracelet - BUT - 100% of the proceeds of the ones sold on the site go to Breast Cancer Connections. So, the price really just goes to the charity. I might wear it with a casual outfit in the summertime.

$14: Julep Millie Nail Polish & $18 Freedom Top Coat -
My future sis-in-law gave me a Julep subscription in the past, so it will be fun to try out their polishes again. I love the indigo color of the polish, and even more excited to try the top coat - it claims to pass the smudge test in 5 minutes. Maybe it is like Vinylux, that I recently reviewed on the blog. There was also a coupon to get your 1st Julep box for free. I won't be using it, but it was a nice gesture if you want to try the subscription.

$12: Jane Tran Bobby Pins -
I love bobby pins, and these look unique, so I was happy to get them in the box. They are more pricey than normal bobby pins, so it is fun to get to try these. They seem to hold my hair well, and I thought the packaging was a nice touch. I am hoping they actually are not too tight - I don't want to use something that would tear my hair.

$20: Stitch Fix Gift Card -
I have said before - I hate gift cards - I feel like this always leads to spending more money. So, although this is $20 to try the styling fee, I think it only puts $20 towards the clothes if you actually even like them, then if you do, you still have to pay for the rest. Bah.

$14: The Wet Brush - 
This is my favorite item in the box!!! I need a new brush, all I own are cheap brushes, and I am so big on hair care, so that is kind of embarrassing! The quality seems amazing. This would be something I might buy friends and family if I really fall in love with it!

$3.95 - The Crispery Halloween Crispycake -
Yuck. I want healthy snacks, not a big rice crispy treat that expires Feb 2014 and weighs .22 lbs. What the heck is in it? lol. I mean, don't get me wrong, it looks delicious, but it is so random, and I don't know what to do with it.

We also got a link to enter to win $250 and $250 donated to a breast cancer charity.
Looks like the box values at over $155 this month! Pretty good deal!



I am excited to try November's box, but why is the price going up $4.95? :( 
They might lose a lot of us with that, if the box is not impressive!! Fingers crossed.

If you want to try the box yourself for only $30 - use this link and the code REFER5 - http://popsu.gr/hNmp

Did you get this month's box? If so, what was your favorite item?






7 comments:

  1. Such great things! I need a serious makeover...want to come to Toronto and give me one? ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! And you can cook for me! I think it is a fair deal. I bet Toronto is gorgeous this time of year!?

      Delete
  2. I am dying over that pink brush!!!! I need that in my life ;]
    XO Barbie
    The Parlor Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, you do! Check out their website, they have a lot of stuff. I love how it feels too! http://www.ts2products.com/wetbrush-store/bca.html

      Delete
  3. LoL you're so funny! I will take your rice crispy treat! JK LOL

    XO Barbie
    The Parlor Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok u can have it! LOL. I want it but I would regret it once I ate it!

      Delete
  4. I like that box!
    I just found you blog and I really like it!
    I followed you on GFC
    It would be nice if you follow my blog too:}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...